Analysts say Russia could deliver deathblow to Nato

Publication time: 3 December 2011, 21:01 

With the Russian threat to cut land routes for supply to Nato troops in Afghanistan, the Afghan battleground may turn into a cold deathtrap for Nato, defence analysts believe. They say that Pakistan should utilise the opportunity for a peaceful and prosperous Pakistan by pulling it out of the American war. 

Pentagon Vows To Protect Arms Makers From Spending Cuts Speaking today to an investor conference, US Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary for Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy Brett Lambert insisted that the Pentagon would do whatever it takes to ensure that efforts to balance the US government’s budget does not harm weapons manufacturers. Condemning the mandated spending cuts as “fiscal castration,” Lambert cautioned that the cuts would destroy America’s industrial base, by which of course he means the companies who make weapons for the military. In reality, the cuts are largely fictional, and cut into the hypothetical budget increases the Pentagon expects in future years. The worst-case scenario brings the Pentagon’s budget to 2007 levels. Lambert declined to comment on potential cancellations if the Pentagon was forced to revert to its 2007 spending levels, saying that his office was only interested in the health of the “industrial base” and the impact it would have on merger and acquisition activity among the companies.

NATO Invading Terrorists Ordered Not To Approach Af-Pak Zone WASHINGTON: US led NATO troops in Afghanistan have been ordered not to approach the buffer zone on the Af-Pak border in order to avoid recurrence of last week’s air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers. An order in this regard has been issued by Gen John Allen, the Commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan in the aftermath of the November 26 air strike, pending the detailed investigation into the incident announced by US Central Command (CENTCOM), Ivo Daalder, US Permanent Representative to NATO, said on Friday. The real facts of the incident, he said, would be known only after the investigation is over. “The most important thing we have already learnt is that Gen Allen has ordered the troops not to approach the created buffer zone at the border in order to reduce the chances that something like this would happen in the future,” Daalder said in a breakfast meeting with the Defence Writers Group here.

Publication time: 4 December 2011, 19:24 

Any future aggression will see Pakistan responding “with full force, regardless of the cost and consequences” and soldiers need not wait for directions from the high command, army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has told his troops.

U.S. threat to Pakistan is threat to China

Publication time: Today at 01:22 Emirate time 

The Chinese military has staged a massive wargame exercise near Pakistan in response to a build-up of US troops in the region as a top Chinese government official warned that any threat to Pakistan would be taken as a direct threat to China, reports Prisonplanet.